Thursday, April 8, 2010

sigh.

I'm tired.

I defended my thesis today...and passed. (!) Phew. I thought it would relieve some anxiety, but it was just one thing on a checklist of a number of other big items of business to think about. Like driving my car to New York City, which seems like a recipe for disaster. Then unloading all my stuff and carrying it up 5 stories. Then driving across the country to Utah. Then flying back to DC (I think I hate flying). Then taking a bus to New York.

When I at last settle in my new little apartment in Harlem, I think it will begin to hit me that I finally have that degree and that I'm living in an amazing city and that life is full of so many delightful surprises. And then I'll have a little celebration.

For now I just need to get through tomorrow.

p.s. I miss my family. Good thing I'll be seeing your faces soon.

2 comments:

Howling Pickup said...

Good luck with everything sister! We can't wait to see you.

susie said...

What a plateful you have right now, but I know that you will plow (or should I say eat) right through it all and do great. We are so anxious to see you too, and look so forward to having you here with us for a while.