Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sista time

Happy Birthday to Marni Sue.
This picture was probably the last time that she was taller than me.
But definitely not the last time that she's had better hair than me. (What's with my earlocks, Mom?) I adore this sister of mine. There's no one who seems to put things into perspective for me better than her...because she is totally for real. And always, always has been. She's the only one in the family who thought Napoleon Dynamite was as genius as I did. And the only one who gets how awesome it is when rednecks store water bottles in the back pocket of their jean shorts. She ratted my hair for me back in the early 90's, let me drive her red Mustang, and never made me feel like the dorky younger sister. That means a lot to me. She is absolutely golden hearted. And I'm grateful that we share so many memories. Many more to come...

I love you, Sis.

3 comments:

Petersen Family said...

You are the greatest sister ever, and that is the best present ever. I love and miss you!

Burke Family said...

AHHHHH, I have the BEST sisters ever. This pic make me want to cry.

susie said...

What do you mean Heather? Those are the cutest little earlocks ever!