Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Graci Lee

I spent a lovely weekend in Richmond with the Burkes. We celebrated Graci Lee's 5th birthday, which resulted in a number of awesome moments. Just imagine a group of kids between 5-8 years old playing charades. So funny.

I got us matching shirts for her birthday gift. Darci and Brandon fashioning Graci's birthday cake
(Simkins favorite cold cake. YUM.)
The finished product.
Graci with her miniature cooking supplies sent by Grandma Sue. Why are miniature things so adorable? (except miniature rats)
And finally, the inspiration for my hair (see here).
I can't get enough of this picture.


Darci and I also took Graci to see "Where the Wild Things Are." I loved it, but it's not really a kid movie.

Before I left, I hugged Shaydon and Graci tight and promised that we would make paper boats the next time I came...and then we cried because I had to leave. It's nice to know that they love me like I love them.

Thanks for the great weekend Burkes!

2 comments:

susie said...

The pictures were so fun to see! Thanks for sharing! Love you

Burke Family said...

YOUR THE BEST AUNT EVER!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMING.