Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The world needs more theme parties

I'm really into them lately. Here are some recents:

20's themed birthday party I went to with Liz. Let's be honest, America used to have a lot more class.
Christmas in August potluck with our cute newlywed neighbors that lived downstairs. We miss them. They're holding white elephant gifts. We also sang Christmas carols. 
Summertime woofle ball going away party for our roommate Kim. Some of the locals were getting a laugh out of all the white people playing sports. I totally hit a homerun.
We also recently hosted a surprise party for a couple in our ward...after deciding that surprise parties are widely underused. There were no birthdays--we just decorated with balloons and streamers and shouted "surprise!" when they came in. You know...like a regular surprise party, except no real reason for the surprise.  

2 comments:

susie said...

I absolutely LOVE your idea of having surprise parties! That is such a fun idea. Most people love surprise parties. (especially for no reason, and if you get a present that's even better!)

Burke Family said...

So creative. I am going to throw one for myself. Don't worry, you're invited.