Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sky explosions

It was over one month ago and I'm still thinking about the 4th of July in Washington DC. It was the best I've ever had...paddleboating on the Potomac, eating barbecue, sitting near the Washington Monument and watching fireworks with some of my favorite people...clearly a wonderful day. The fireworks were a far cry from Scofield's (as much as I love that little town). For one thing, there weren't any 10 minute intervals. Constant. Shooting. Fire. In. The. Sky. I felt like a kid again. And to add to all the glorious-ness...I've been giving myself pep talks about making it through 4th of July weather since the day I moved here. Turned out to be a perfect day. No pep talks needed.

Speaking of fire in the sky...I'm going to see one of my favorite bands in a couple of weeks: Explosions in the Sky. Check them out here:



No need to listen to the whole thing...it would require ten minutes of your time. Actually, just do it. It's beautiful.

No comments: