Thursday, December 18, 2008

In Excelsis Deo

Recent Christmas type activities:
Here's Mom making pecan logs in an elf hat. She is a very cute mom. This is also the same day that I turned abruptly and smacked my head on a cupboard door and then stumbled backward into the shelf on the wall. Mom and Marni were trying to rescue the shelf and ask me if I was okay, but they were both laughing so hard they could barely breath. I survived, but couldn't remember my name in the morning. Making Christmas candy is one of my favorite traditions...for Mom.

This is our branch Christmas party at Mom and Dad's cabin. I'm glad these kids who we had never met before ended up coming. Otherwise, I would have been the only kid there and that could have been awkward for Santa. It snowed that night and we ate waffles. It was cozy. I will miss this little branch.

This was possibly one of the best nights of my life. Mom invited all her sweet widow friends from the ward over for dinner. Dad and I picked them up, we ate dinner, talked about their favorite Christmas memories, and sang Christmas carols. I admire that Mom is so good to these ladies. They love her.

I don't have a picture of this, but I think it's awesome that Dad loves to plow the snow. He has an old truck with a blade on it and he clears our driveway and the neighborhood street sometimes twice a day. I think it's kind of a manly activity for him.

1 comment:

susie said...

Heather...I love reading your blog. You express yourself better than any person I know. I love this picture of my cute little ladies. Thanks! Love you, Mom