Saturday, August 15, 2009

today i stayed in my bed almost the whole day...i didn't shower, comb my hair, brush my teeth, or change my pajamas. i made one trek out of the house to go to the grocery store, but still didn't attempt to do any of the aforementioned things. i watched three episodes of "the office" and a lame movie with reese witherspoon that i thoroughly enjoyed. i ate my favorite gingersnap cookies. i read a bunch of blogs and listened to the avett brothers. i thought about how i need to spend more time at the monuments at night. i thought about how i've never read 1984 and can't get myself to do it right now...and so instead starting reading stargirl again. for the third time. i thought about how it sometimes feels like people think your life is a joke when you're single and past the age of 25. i thought about how hard it is to know myself well enough to really talk to God. but that i keep trying. i thought about how i don't think i know what makes me truly happy. and then i remembered and that was a relief. i took three naps. i gave up on a lot of attempts in my mind to try to figure out how i should spend my time. and instead just decided to do what felt nice. thus this day. i really needed this lovely, lovely day.

2 comments:

Burke Family said...

That sounds like the most dreamy day EVER!!!!! You are amazing......thanks for being my sister.

susie said...

I want to have a day just like that. I wonder if your dad would think I was special if he came home from work and I was still in my pajamas.