Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Mommy

Thank you for the time when I had a meltdown about registering for my first semester at BYU and you drove me to Provo to talk in person with the registrar. Do you remember that?
Thank you for that time when we went to the temple and instead of eating a nice well-balanced lunch afterwards, we ate tons of ice cream at Leatherby's.
Thank you for sitting on the couch and reading with me this winter. Mostly we would fall asleep, but at least we did it together.
Thank you for taking me to the homes of all the widows you visit and letting me learn from you how to really love.
Thank you for being willing to try my food concoctions and especially thanks for liking most of them (I think).
Thank you for being so supportive when I quit my job and decided to go back to school at age 29. I never, ever, ever could have done it without the help from you and Dad.
Thank you for crying when I moved across the country. I cried too. And I still cry when I'm missing you.
Thank you for surving a brain tumor....I was in no shape to have a different outcome.
Please stay around until you are at least 95.

Happy Birthday Mom!!
I love you...through and through.

1 comment:

susie said...

Thank you for being my precious daughter who has taught me SO much about how to be good,inside and out- and that's how I love you...inside and out.