Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration of a new home

So, here are pictures of my home far away in the east. But, first things first. I visited Darci and her family this weekend and it was so great. The drive is only about an hour and forty minutes and I love, love being with them. Here are just a couple of pics. The first is of "Cheeks" at Shaydon's basketball game. The whole family calls her Cheeks. She is so sweet and growing fast. The next picture is of Shaydon with a "Buk ov Mormin" that he made to take to church. He spelled that all by himself, which I think is very awesome. He is such a little stripling warrior already. And then there's Miss Graci...she is beautiful. And she makes up the most amazing song lyrics. Really, I'm still laughing inside about some of them. Darci and Brandon are loving parents and you can see it in the security of their children. You are great examples! I love you Burkes!
This is my tiny small bedroom. The dresser was free.
Thanks, Freecycle.

Our dining room. Free piano and free table.Thanks, Craigslist.

Our living room. The cute Middle Eastern family that we bought the furniture from also gave us a bag of food and asked us to come back the next day to get our picture taken with them. I think they are feeling a lack of community. Liz gave them a Book of Mormon.

Our kitchen. There's nothing more, except a fridge.

This is what our neighborhood looks like. I love it.

4 comments:

Howling Pickup said...

I'm glad to finally see some pictures of your new home! You have so many exciting adventures ahead. I can't wait to hear all about them! I love you and miss you!

Burke Family said...

Can't wait to come visit you! Everything looks great.

Burke Family said...

By the way we already look forward to another visit and another bowl of caramel popcorn!

susie said...

Heather...the houses make me feel like I am watching the opening of some sitcom on t.v. They are so cute! I love your new home....but I MISS you.